During machine development, all manufacturers are faced with the need to differentiate themselves amidst the global competition and a rapidly evolving technology to ensure that they stay afloat. Product labelling demands development of equipment that will combine high production capacities, consistent output and product quality, low man power and low maintenance requirements. The labelling machine also needs to be flexible enough to adapt to different products and different labels, varying production speeds and also able to operate in different environmental conditions.
The label plays a large part in the life of a product. Without labelling, there is difficulty in product identification, shipping and even access to the market. Labelling or the label applicator machines come in a wide variety of technologies and operational techniques. They are however generally categorized by the requirement of adhesive application.
Adhesive using labellers
Pressure sensitive labelling machines
Hot melt glue labelling machines
Wet glue label applicators
Non Adhesive required
Shrink labelling /sleeving machines
Stretch labelling /sleeving machines
In all aspects of the business, whether from a commercial or technical perspective, Bhagwati labelling machines can help raise your production performance through improved equipment performance and labelling machines that match with today’s packaging requirements. Label application equipment from the company includes single side sticker labelling machine, top labelling machine, ampoules sticker labelling machine, bottle sticker labeller and many other advanced machines.
The label application process
- Product passes the product sensor and a signal is sent to the equipment controller
- Controller counts the conveyor encoder output pulses
- Controller initiates the labelling head motor, as the label sensors looks for gaps between labels.
- If a gap is detected between the labels the labelling head stops and the system is ready for the next product.
Labelling machines manufacturers have also added modules on these equipments such as the separating mechanism that adjusts the incoming product pitch before label application. Addition of the sponge wheel in some machines helps apply pressure on the labelled product to properly secure the pasting of the label.
Challenges in Perfecting the Labelling Equipments
There are certain expectations that the manufacturer is expected to meet by the end users and other industry players and these include;
- Productivity; the machines are expected to meet maximum output, minimize waste and produce high quality products with low down time
- High performance; the equipment must meet the ever increasing labelling tolerance requirements and all the operating speeds and overcome the variability in raw materials.
- Flexible and scalable; Adapt to more frequent product and label material changeovers, reduce changeover time and the equipments must have the capability to integrate more advanced functions and technologies such as trace and track, print and apply , inspect and reject and many more functions.
To meet these expectations, the company has invested in intensive research and innovation to develop machines that are in line with the emerging needs of the packaging industry. These are such as the double side front – back labelling machine, sticker labellers, top labellers, ampoules sticker labellers and automatic induction cap sealing machine.
The main areas of innovation to meet these requirements include;
- Use of the programmable logic controllers in the sticker labelling machines to achieve efficient process control and coordination of functions.
- Modular soft ware design
- Advanced motion controls
- Servo motor technology
The double side front – back labelling machine has also been advanced to handle both front and back labelling of containers and boxes to achieve more efficiency and reliability.